OnlyOffice, an all-encompassing online office suite, has been a game-changer for teams aiming to enhance collaboration and streamline operations. For those keen on integrating this powerful suite into their systems, this guide will detail how to install OnlyOffice on Rocky Linux 9 or the older stable Enterprise Linux release of Rocky Linux 8. Since its inception in 2010, OnlyOffice has consistently evolved, positioning itself as a formidable alternative to conventional office suites.
Key Features of OnlyOffice:
- Real-time Collaboration: OnlyOffice stands out with its real-time collaboration capabilities, enabling multiple users to co-edit documents and witness live updates.
- Modern User Interface: A contemporary and user-friendly interface sets OnlyOffice apart, ensuring ease of navigation and a pleasant user experience.
- Extensive Integrations: With seamless integrations to renowned project management tools like Trello and Jira, OnlyOffice is tailored for businesses aiming for a cohesive workflow.
- Document Management: Beyond collaboration, OnlyOffice boasts robust document management functionalities, facilitating organized and secure cloud storage.
- Version Control: Track document modifications precisely, thanks to version control and comprehensive audit trails. Reverting to prior versions becomes hassle-free.
- Mobile Accessibility: Stay connected on the go with dedicated mobile applications for both iOS and Android platforms.
- Comprehensive Office Tools: OnlyOffice’s suite encompasses word processing, spreadsheets, and presentations, ensuring all essential tools are at your fingertips.
The advantages of OnlyOffice are manifold. From fostering real-time collaboration to offering many office tools, it caters to diverse needs, making it especially beneficial for remote teams and geographically dispersed organizations.
To integrate OnlyOffice into your Rocky Linux system, this guide provides step-by-step instructions tailored for Rocky Linux 9 and Rocky Linux 8. Installation options include manually downloading and installing the official RPM repository or leveraging the Flatpak package manager.
Table of Contents
Install OnlyOffice on Rocky Linux 9 or 8 via DNF
Step 1: Update Rocky Linux Before OnlyOffice Installation
Before proceeding with the tutorial, we recommend updating your system with the latest packages with the following command:
sudo dnf upgrade --refresh
To install OnlyOffice on Rocky Linux, download the official RPM package from the OnlyOffice website. You can quickly do this through the command line terminal using the ‘wget’ command. This approach ensures you receive the most up-to-date and stable version of OnlyOffice:
The link above will always contain the latest version of OnlyOffice; you do not need to find individual download links for OnlyOffice, making it simple.
Once you have downloaded the official RPM package from the OnlyOffice website, the next step is installing OnlyOffice on your Rocky Linux system.
Execute the following command in the terminal to do this:
sudo dnf install onlyoffice-desktopeditors.x86_64.rpm
Install OnlyOffice on Rocky Linux 9 or 8 via Flatpak and Flathub
To install OnlyOffice on Rocky Linux using the second method, use the Flatpak package manager. Rocky Linux natively includes Flatpak unless it’s been removed. Flatpak, similar to Snap, is a popular third-party installation package manager that offers easy access to the latest packages and binary updates.
Re-install Flatpak (Situational) on Rocky Linux for OnlyOffice
To begin, re-install the Flatpak Manager if it’s not on your system. If you already have Flatpak installed, you can skip this step. Use the following command in the terminal to re-install Flatpak:
sudo dnf install flatpak -y
Install OnlyOffice on Rocky Linux 9 or 8 via Flatpak Command
The next step is to enable the repository for OnlyOffice on your system. This can be done by executing the following command in the terminal.
sudo flatpak remote-add --if-not-exists flathub https://flathub.org/repo/flathub.flatpakrepo
This command will add the Flathub repository to your system, which is required for installing OnlyOffice using the Flatpak package manager. By enabling Flatpak, you can ensure that you have a secure and up-to-date installation of OnlyOffice on your Rocky Linux system.
With the Flatpak package manager enabled on your Rocky Linux system, the next step is to install OnlyOffice using the following command in the terminal.
flatpak install flathub org.onlyoffice.desktopeditors
Launch OnlyOffice Suite on Rocky Linux 9 or 8
With the installation of OnlyOffice complete, you can launch the software in a few different ways. One quick and convenient method is to use the terminal and the following command.
If you installed OnlyOffice using the Flatpak package manager, you can launch the software with the following command:
flatpak run org.onlyoffice.desktopeditors
For desktop users who prefer a more graphical approach, the best way to launch OnlyOffice is through the application’s graphical user interface (GUI). You can do so by following the path:
Activities > Show Applications > OnlyOffice
Tips on Getting Started with OnlyOffice on Rocky Linux 9 or 8
After successfully launching OnlyOffice, you can create a new document, spreadsheet, or presentation or use a pre-existing template. You will also have the option to connect to the cloud if available. Before you start using the application, here are a few things to check and set up for optimal performance and customization:
- Connect to the Cloud: If you have a cloud storage service like Google Drive, Dropbox, or Nextcloud, you can connect to it from the default screen to access your files and documents from OnlyOffice.
- Customize the User Interface: OnlyOffice allows you to personalize the interface to your preferences. You can change the background color, themes, and fonts to create a workspace that suits your style.
- Adjust the Settings: Check the settings tab to adjust the behavior of OnlyOffice to your liking. For instance, you can set the default file format, modify spell-check settings, and set up keyboard shortcuts.
- Familiarize yourself with the Features: OnlyOffice has many features and tools that can help increase your productivity. Take some time to explore the various features and tools and see how they can best fit into your workflow.
Introduction to OnlyOffice Suite Programs on Rocky Linux 9 or 8
OnlyOffice Document on Rocky Linux
OnlyOffice Document is a powerful word-processing program that allows you to create and edit text documents, spreadsheets, and presentations. It includes advanced features like real-time collaboration, version control, and document commenting. You can also easily format your documents, add images and tables, and create charts and graphs.
OnlyOffice Spreadsheet on Rocky Linux
OnlyOffice Spreadsheet is a powerful spreadsheet program that allows you to create and edit spreadsheets and perform complex calculations. It includes advanced features like real-time collaboration, version control, and cell comments. You can also easily import and export data, create charts and graphs, and perform statistical analysis.
OnlyOffice Presentation on Rocky Linux
OnlyOffice Presentation is a powerful program that allows you to create professional presentations with animations, charts, and images. It includes advanced features like real-time collaboration, version control, and presentation commenting. You can also easily create slides, add text and images, and use multimedia elements to make your presentations more engaging.
OnlyOffice Form Template on Rocky Linux
OnlyOffice Form Template is a program that allows you to create and manage forms, surveys, and quizzes. It includes features like real-time collaboration, version control, and form commenting. You can also easily create and customize forms, add questions, and gather responses. Whether you’re creating a customer feedback form, an employee survey, or a quiz, OnlyOffice Form Template has you covered.
Additional OnlyOffice Commands with Rocky Linux 9 or 8
Update OnlyOffice on Rocky Linux 9 or 8
For users who have installed OnlyOffice using the DNF method, upgrading to the latest version is a two-step process that involves re-downloading the RPM package from OnlyOffice’s website and re-installing it.
On the other hand, Flatpak installations offer a more convenient and straightforward way of upgrading to the latest version. By running the following command, Flatpak users can quickly check for available updates and install them with just a few clicks.
Remove (Uninstall) OnlyOffice From Rocky Linux 9 or 8
To remove OnlyOffice from your system, you can use either the DNF or Flatpak method. If you installed OnlyOffice using the RPM package, use the DNF package manager to uninstall the software by executing the following command.
sudo dnf autoremove onlyoffice-desktopeditors.x86_64 -y
On the other hand, if you installed OnlyOffice through the Flatpak package manager, use the following command to remove it from your system.
flatpak remove --delete-data org.onlyoffice.desktopeditors -y
In conclusion, OnlyOffice is a versatile and comprehensive online office suite tailored to enhance team collaboration and streamline operations. Whether you’re using Rocky Linux 9 or the older stable release of Rocky Linux 8, integrating OnlyOffice can significantly elevate your workflow. Its modern interface, robust features, and seamless integrations make it an indispensable tool for businesses and individuals.